Basketball Legends

Welcome! It seems you are not logged in, please do so or register for this game!
Thanks,

Tigerd98 and the Management

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Basketball Legends

Welcome! It seems you are not logged in, please do so or register for this game!
Thanks,

Tigerd98 and the Management

Basketball Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum based NBA game and a place for Sports Talk!

2 posters

Who Wins? Thunder-Rockets Preview

DCoach_M
    DCoach_M

Coins : 46793

Who Wins? Thunder-Rockets Preview Empty Who Wins? Thunder-Rockets Preview

Post by DCoach_M Thu May 02, 2013 10:44 pm

HOUSTON (AP) -- Kevin Durant has scored 74 points combined in Oklahoma City's past two games against the Houston Rockets.

The problem is that his teammates haven't stepped up to take some pressure off the superstar, and the Rockets have won both of those games.

Houston has cut the Thunder's lead to 3-2 in the series, and is looking to become the first team in NBA history to overcome a 0-3 series deficit to win a best-of-seven playoff series.

They'll likely continue to send two or three defenders at Durant and dare other players to beat them in Game 6 Friday night in Houston.

Though it hasn't happened in the past two games, Thunder coach Scott Brooks is confident Durant will get more scoring help on Friday.

''We're getting open shots,'' Brooks said. ''If we can get those same open shots, I feel very confident our guys are going to step up and hit those shots. Those are the same shots that they've made their entire careers.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/thunder-rockets-preview-232824005--nba.html
    shazi453
    shazi453
    Hall Of Fame
    Hall Of Fame

Coins : 101127

Who Wins? Thunder-Rockets Preview Empty Re: Who Wins? Thunder-Rockets Preview

Post by shazi453 Thu May 02, 2013 11:01 pm

Agree with you, but remember the sport of basketball isn't all about scoring. Sure yeah points determine the winner, but other things determine points allowed. Thunder needs to get good on defense, especially on the hot 3 shooters like Francisco Garcia and Carlos Delfino. Durant is doing great, but his teammates need to step up shooting. When Kevin Martin has a bad time, Scott Brooks needs to let Jeremy Lamb have some experience. Serge also needs to step up shooting. Durant can't do it all by himself. Meanwhile, Perkins should stop getting so much personal fouls from defending, especially at the most crucial moments, Thabo is our 3 shooter man and should be given some time with the ball.

I wouldn't say OKC is over. If you think back at the past, in 2008, we were like the worst team EVER. in 2009, we got extreme improvement, in 2010 we were just short of the finals and 2011 we were just short of the trophy. Brooks has always said his team improves everyday, and we can relate the thunder's improvement to this thing right now. Those game 4 and 5 losses are probably like our inaugural season, and i say game 6 or 7 is the end of that "inaugural time" and we turnaround, actually improving. I will be blue for my entire life, no matter if we lose or not.

WHOA i wrote a bunch

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:43 am