Basketball Legends

Welcome! It seems you are not logged in, please do so or register for this game!
Thanks,

Tigerd98 and the Management

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Basketball Legends

Welcome! It seems you are not logged in, please do so or register for this game!
Thanks,

Tigerd98 and the Management

Basketball Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum based NBA game and a place for Sports Talk!

Playoffs: Who Wins: Blackhawks or Wild

Poll

Who Wins?

[ 1 ]
    Playoffs: Who Wins: Blackhawks or Wild I_vote_lcap33%Playoffs: Who Wins: Blackhawks or Wild I_vote_rcap [33%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Playoffs: Who Wins: Blackhawks or Wild I_vote_lcap67%Playoffs: Who Wins: Blackhawks or Wild I_vote_rcap [67%] 

Total Votes: 3
    DCoach_M
    DCoach_M

Coins : 46793

Playoffs: Who Wins: Blackhawks or Wild Empty Playoffs: Who Wins: Blackhawks or Wild

Post by DCoach_M Thu May 02, 2013 4:54 am

CHICAGO (AP) -- For all their accomplishments so far - the record-breaking start, the Presidents' Trophy, the individual honors - the Chicago Blackhawks know this is the time of year that will define their season. They said the same thing all along.

Jonathan Toews and Co. also know all the reasons for concern heading into their playoff series against the Minnesota Wild.

The Blackhawks are favored to make it to the Stanley Cup for the second time in four seasons, but the Wild bring plenty of talent into Game 1 on Tuesday night. Then there is Chicago's recent postseason history, and the checkered performance for past winners of the Presidents' Trophy, adding to the intrigue.

''Everyone knows, if you look at how the playoffs have gone the past couple years, if you're the first or the eighth seed, it doesn't really matter,'' Toews said after the Blackhawks practiced at the United Center on Monday. ''So as soon as Game 1 starts tomorrow, everything that happened before that is pretty meaningless and we know that.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/blackha...185805651.html
    DCoach_M
    DCoach_M

Coins : 46793

Playoffs: Who Wins: Blackhawks or Wild Empty Re: Playoffs: Who Wins: Blackhawks or Wild

Post by DCoach_M Mon May 06, 2013 8:23 am

Zucker's Goal gives Wild 3-2 Win over Blackhawks

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) -- Beating the Chicago Blackhawks usually requires a certain kind of performance: bruising, aggressive and unflappable.

That's precisely what the Minnesota Wild produced, entertaining the fans at their first home playoff game in five years.

They had a little luck, too, when Jason Zucker blindly sent his bad-angle overtime shot toward the goal.

Zucker scored at 2:15 of the extra period to give the Wild a 3-2 victory on Sunday to pull within 2-1 in the Western Conference quarterfinal series.

''I don't know if I even saw the net. I probably didn't even look at the net,'' said the rookie Zucker, who raced to the corner and jumped against the glass to celebrate. ''I just tried shooting it, and it happened to go in for me.''

Pierre-Marc Bouchard had a goal for the Wild after Johnny Oduya scored for the Blackhawks late in the first period. Patrick Kane had two assists for the Blackhawks and has five in the series.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/zuckers-goal-gives-wild-3-223525703--nhl.html

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:36 pm