Basketball Legends

Welcome! It seems you are not logged in, please do so or register for this game!
Thanks,

Tigerd98 and the Management

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Basketball Legends

Welcome! It seems you are not logged in, please do so or register for this game!
Thanks,

Tigerd98 and the Management

Basketball Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum based NBA game and a place for Sports Talk!

2 posters

Rutgers Fires Mike Rice

tigerd98
    tigerd98
    Lead Admin
    Lead Admin

Coins : 1016

Rutgers Fires Mike Rice Empty Rutgers Fires Mike Rice

Post by tigerd98 Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:18 am

This morning, the Rutgers University Scarlet Knights’ fired their basketball coach, Mike Rice. Tapes were recently released to the public containing footage of the Scarlet Knights’ basketball practice. These tapes were recorded by a surveillance camera in the University’s basketball arena. Contained on these tapes was some absolutely shocking material. The recording shows Rice constantly berating his players and abusing them physically and verbally. Rice was seen throwing the basketballs at the players when they “were not executing the plays correctly” and he was even shown pushing and shoving the players, one even to the ground. Players were interviewed on the subject later and they spoke about the verbal abuse initiated by Rice. They said that Rice constantly yelled at them, and sometimes even yelled racial slurs at them. And then the Rutgers staff canned him. Good! In my opinion, he should have been given the old heave-ho earlier. This wasn’t the first instance that players had spoken out about Rice’s tactics. A few members of team had previously talked about Rice’s use of racial slurs. OK, so everything’s OK now, right? Wrong! Now the ex-Rutgers coach who abused his players is due a bonus. Ok, give him his one-hundred dollars and tell him to hit the road! That might work if the bonus were in the ballpark (or should I say basketball court) range of one-hundred dollars. The Rutgers Athletics Department now owes Mike Rice a hundred thousand dollars. That’s right, one hundred grand in his pocket. For doing what you may ask? Rice is due the extra-special bonus for staying with the team through the entire season! That’s about the only thing he did correctly, staying with the team the whole season. I can only imagine what went through his mind. “Oh, the season’s over, it’s time for the Big East tournament. Now I can get paid for abusing my players in all kinds of ways.” It’s an atrocity, as he does not deserve money. But right about now, former Rutgers basketball coach Mike Rice is laughing all the way to the bank. Congratulations Rutgers! Just like the season, his money is going straight to the books!
    tigerd98
    tigerd98
    Lead Admin
    Lead Admin

Coins : 1016

Rutgers Fires Mike Rice Empty Re: Rutgers Fires Mike Rice

Post by tigerd98 Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:19 am

This was entirely wrtitten by me BTW.
    buckeyefan837
    buckeyefan837
    Hall Of Fame
    Hall Of Fame