Basketball Legends

Welcome! It seems you are not logged in, please do so or register for this game!
Thanks,

Tigerd98 and the Management

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Basketball Legends

Welcome! It seems you are not logged in, please do so or register for this game!
Thanks,

Tigerd98 and the Management

Basketball Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum based NBA game and a place for Sports Talk!

3 posters

Fair or not?

shazi453
    shazi453
    Hall Of Fame
    Hall Of Fame

Coins : 101127

Fair or not? Empty Fair or not?

Post by shazi453 Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:46 pm

Recently, NBA had a huge move, allowing fans to vote for the mvp.

How do you think of that?

In my opinion, (which is biased) the MVP votes should not be left up to fans. MVP means most valueble player, not most popular player. Since the like/dislike of players varies, some players that deserve the MVP may not even be close to winning. But i do see a MPP trophy possible. For now, I'm not likin the MVP move.

now, to nvp discussion:

Who will win the MVP? DOn't know of now, seriously. At first, it was Kevin Durant leading, later Lebron with the streak put him on the #1, and now, Melo takes the top spot. Along the way, #3,4, 5, and 6 were all competitive, battles between Kobe, Chris Paul, Tony Parker, ETC.

Soon the MVP will be declared, and if anthony keeps his 40+ thing going, i can't see anyone stopping him, but Durant could give him a run for his money.
    buckeyefan837
    buckeyefan837
    Hall Of Fame
    Hall Of Fame

Coins : 70486

Fair or not? Empty Re: Fair or not?

Post by buckeyefan837 Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:02 pm

Don't the fan votes only count for 1% of the actual voting? And I honestly don't know who will win MVP. It's a toss up to me. Any of the three you mentioned could get it I think.
    Cameron
    Cameron
    Prospect
    Prospect

Coins : 500

Post by Cameron Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:26 pm

LeBron is still the favorite to win the MVP. The MVP race ladder that the NBA has is based on weekly performance, and Melo has played like the best MVP this past week. Considering LeBron hasn't even played this week, that's why he fell to third on the list. It's based on each specific week though, not the actual overall favorite. I still expect LeBron to win it, if he doesn't win it, it's a damn shame. LeBron averages 26.9 points, 8.1 rebounds, and 7.1 assists a game this season. He is always close to having a triple double. Melo and Durant are great scorers, but LeBron does it all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:05 pm