Basketball Legends

Welcome! It seems you are not logged in, please do so or register for this game!
Thanks,

Tigerd98 and the Management

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Basketball Legends

Welcome! It seems you are not logged in, please do so or register for this game!
Thanks,

Tigerd98 and the Management

Basketball Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum based NBA game and a place for Sports Talk!

Who Wins? Golden State-San Antonio Preview

Poll

Who Wins?

[ 0 ]
    Who Wins? Golden State-San Antonio Preview I_vote_lcap0%Who Wins? Golden State-San Antonio Preview I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Who Wins? Golden State-San Antonio Preview I_vote_lcap100%Who Wins? Golden State-San Antonio Preview I_vote_rcap [100%] 

Total Votes: 1
    DCoach_M
    DCoach_M

Coins : 46793

Who Wins? Golden State-San Antonio Preview Empty Who Wins? Golden State-San Antonio Preview

Post by DCoach_M Wed May 08, 2013 8:18 am

Spurs outlast Warriors in double OT 129-127

SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- Manu Ginobili's play in the final 50 seconds was almost too much for Gregg Popovich to handle. Then again, the Spurs' coach is used to his veteran guard's free-wheeling style.

Ginobili's 3-pointer from the wing with 1.2 seconds left in double overtime lifted the San Antonio Spurs to a thrilling 129-127 victory Monday night over the Golden State Warriors and Stephen Curry, who had 44 points in the opener of the Western Conference semifinals.

The game-winning shot came 43.7 seconds after Ginobili took an ill-advised 3 that appeared to cost the Spurs the game.

''I went from wanting to trade him on the spot to wanting to cook breakfast for him tomorrow morning,'' Popovich said. ''That's the truth. When I talk to him and say, 'Manu,' he goes, 'This is what I do.' That's what he's going to tell me. I stopped coaching him a long time ago.''

Ginobili's 3 capped an improbable comeback for the Spurs, who trailed by 16 points with 4 minutes left in regulation before going on an 18-2 run to close the fourth quarter and force overtime.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/spurs-outlast-warriors-double-ot-051256211--nba.html

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 pm