Basketball Legends

Welcome! It seems you are not logged in, please do so or register for this game!
Thanks,

Tigerd98 and the Management

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Basketball Legends

Welcome! It seems you are not logged in, please do so or register for this game!
Thanks,

Tigerd98 and the Management

Basketball Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum based NBA game and a place for Sports Talk!

3 posters

Dunk Contest

ToddEuria
    ToddEuria
    Prospect
    Prospect

Coins : 52800

Dunk Contest Empty Dunk Contest

Post by ToddEuria Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:25 pm

I know that All-Star Weekend is over and everything but I wanna see what you guys think about the dunk contest. I thought it was a pure joke. Today I watched the 1990 dunk contest on youtube and let me say this, the quality of dunks and the overall competition was far more impressive and entertaining 20 years ago. Even 5 years ago, this contest was topped. The whole thing to me this year was just a bunch of scrubs (no offense to Gerald Green and Terrence Ross) attempting to dunk and using mulligans up the yin yang because it only took a solid 15 minutes to do one single dunk. The judges were absolutely over scoring these players as well. I saw MJ do some incredible dunks in some earlier dunk contests and let me tell you, they were far better than what we're seein now and he didn't receive a perfect 50. Now I know it's almost impossible to be original now a days because everything has pretty much already been done, but come on now! We need improvements!
    tigerd98
    tigerd98
    Lead Admin
    Lead Admin

Coins : 1016

Dunk Contest Empty Re: Dunk Contest

Post by tigerd98 Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:01 pm

ToddEuria wrote:I know that All-Star Weekend is over and everything but I wanna see what you guys think about the dunk contest. I thought it was a pure joke. Today I watched the 1990 dunk contest on youtube and let me say this, the quality of dunks and the overall competition was far more impressive and entertaining 20 years ago. Even 5 years ago, this contest was topped. The whole thing to me this year was just a bunch of scrubs (no offense to Gerald Green and Terrence Ross) attempting to dunk and using mulligans up the yin yang because it only took a solid 15 minutes to do one single dunk. The judges were absolutely over scoring these players as well. I saw MJ do some incredible dunks in some earlier dunk contests and let me tell you, they were far better than what we're seein now and he didn't receive a perfect 50. Now I know it's almost impossible to be original now a days because everything has pretty much already been done, but come on now! We need improvements!

Ha, how could you mention scrubs and not include James White? I think the contest itself is overrated, and played out too much. Why not include, Lebron, Durant, Jeff Green etc.? (People who dunk in games)
    shazi453
    shazi453
    Hall Of Fame
    Hall Of Fame

Coins : 101127

Post by shazi453 Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:07 am

Lebron said he will never enter dunk contest. It would be a show if he did, i've always wanted to see Lebron and Westbrook in that contest.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:27 am